Website migration / Bug reports

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear all,

Our website and forum were unexpectedly down for most of today, due to complications in migrating our website to a higher-capacity hosting service.

Several forum comments that were posted during the migration were lost. We made manual copies of these comments, and will be sending them to their authors using the email address they had registered in the forum so that they may repost them now.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble caused by this unexpectedly long hosting service migration, and hope Zidisha.org will never again be unavailable for so many hours.

Best regards,

Julia

2. Sverre

Sverre Forum Member

Thank you Julia for your work with Zidisha !
    It look like the use of both the website and forum is growing for everyday.

3. Julia Kurnia

There have been several technical problems reported since our migration:
    • Members are being logged out when navigating to different pages
    • Difficulty making PayPal payments
    • The lender registration page is blank
    I am working with our web developer and hosting service to resolve these as quickly as possible.

4. Julia Kurnia

The following three bugs should now be resolved:
    • Members are being logged out when navigating to different pages
    • Difficulty making PayPal payments
    • The lender registration page is blank
    Please do let me know if anyone encounters any other errors. Thanks,

Julia

5. MarikoW

MarikoW Forum Member

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing these bugs. I've noticed a few things that may be related to the recent server migration and they both have to do with photo/pdf downloads. First,I tried to set up a new lender profile on two different devices and I got the following message:

"Notice: Undefined index: lphoto in /home/semfundc/public_html/zidisha/process.php on line 377

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_ENV_VARS in /home/semfundc/public_html/zidisha/library/utility.php on line 257"

The message made me think the lender application didn't work, but it did and the phot upload was successful

Next, I went to view some of the documents that were uploaded into a Kenyan Borrower's profile, a national ID card and a recommendation letter, and received error messages for both.

I just wanted to submit this for tracking purposes. Thank you.

6. KyRoamer

KyRoamer Forum Member

Send invite doesn't work. When you click to send you get

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/semfundc/public_html/zidisha/includes/mailsender.php on line 165

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/semfundc/public_html/zidisha/includes/mailsender.php on line 166

7. Julia Kurnia

Hi MarikoW and KyRoamer,

Thanks so much to both of you for reporting these problems. The WiredTree hosting service technicians are working around the clock to ensure our website is working correctly. They are currently focused on repairing the following known errors:

1. When a logged in lender posts a comment in a loan profile page, an error message appears.

2. Our website will not display the transaction history report or portfolio report from the admin (staff) interface.

3. The password reset function in the zidisha.org site does not seem to be working - the reset email is not received at the specified email address.

4. When creating a lender account with photo attachment, an error message displays.

5. The image files of documents saved in the profile pages of our borrowers can not be downloaded.

6. When lenders try to send an invite from the "Send invite" page, an error displays.

If anyone discovers any more bugs, please do let me know. Best,

Julia

Evelyn likes this.
  8. Denise

Denise Gold Member

Having trouble posting translations too. I got a whole string of error messages.

9. fcjapan

fcjapan Forum Member

10. Julia Kurnia

Thanks Denise and fcjapan,

I have added both of these bugs to our list of things to repair, and will let you know as soon as they are resolved. Best,

Julia

11. Julia Kurnia

Dear all,

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped us through our website migration by taking the time to report bugs you have encountered. The WiredTree hosting service support team has been working with us around the clock to resolve these issues.

We believe the following bugs are now repaired:

• When a logged in lender posts a comment in a loan profile page, an error message appears.
    • The password reset function in the zidisha.org site does not seem to be working - the reset email is not received at the specified email address.
    • When creating a lender account with photo attachment, an error message displays.
    • The image files of documents saved in the profile pages of our borrowers can not be downloaded.

The following bugs are still happening and we are currently working on repairing them:
    • When lenders try to send an invite from the "Send invite" page, the email is not delivered.
    • Our website will not display the transaction history report or portfolio report from the admin (staff) interface.
    • Translations of comments are not displaying when entered in our website translation form.
    • The loan profile page
      https://www.zidisha.org/microfinance/loan/benson-mungai/1387.html is displaying an incorrect repayment period.

Please do let me know if anyone encounters any other errors, and we will address them as soon as possible.

Best,

Julia

12. Julia Kurnia

These bugs should now be repaired:
    • When lenders try to send an invite from the "Send invite" page, the email is not delivered.
    • Our website will not display the transaction history report or portfolio report from the admin (staff) interface.
    We are still working on the comment translation posting bug.

13. fcjapan

fcjapan Forum Member

Cannot download attachments from forum, in particular, your earlier attachment showing currency loss.

14. Julia Kurnia

Hi fcjapan,

I've edited my original post to include the attachment again, in both versions of Excel. Does this help?

Best,

Julia

15. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

Hello,

I just posted a comment on a borrower's page by clicking the reply area on the comment itself.
    It spun for two or three minutes. Then it took me to this page and gave me the following error:

https://www.zidisha.org/updatefeedback.php

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

When I went to the borrower's page I saw that it did correctly upload and post onto their page. It also correctly went into the recent comments on your loans section of my account.

I hope this is helpful

Evelyn

16. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

I also note two problems with opening xls Excel files in the riskiest loans thread. I noticed the problems the other day (post migration), but thought I'd wait a few days and try again.

1. The file that KirstenShute uploaded before the migration had worked and I had downloaded it to my computer.
    Now after the migration it gives me the following error:

Welcome to the Zidisha Forum—a venue to share news, questions, feedback and ideas. - Error
    This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later.

2. The two xls files that Julia uploaded after the migration of the website do not open properly. When I click on them my Excel program launches. But before it actually succeeds in opening the file it gives me a very large error box that starts by saying: "The file is not in a recognizable format." Then it gives me three choices (1 about it being from an incompatible program) (2 about it being corrupted) and (3 how to try to open it as just text)

17. Julia Kurnia

Hi Evelyn, thanks for taking the time to report this bug. We'll repair it as soon as we can. It will likely be next week, as it is now nighttime in India where our web developer lives.

18. Julia Kurnia

The comment translation posting bug is now repaired.

19. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

You're welcome, Julia. That's understandable. I'm sure there are more important items on his list of things to do.

20. Potkukelkka

Potkukelkka Forum Member

Is there something wrong with email notifications for repayments? The latest notification I got was on August 30th. I've got at least twelve repayments after that but no notifications. And no, I have not editied my profile...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.