Payment for another Zidisha member using a different phone number.

Discussion in 'Borrower Questions' started by chelah, Oct 7, 2016.

1. chelah

chelah Gold Member

I recently paid Ksh.100 for a zidisha member who was incapacitated,via my phone number. That payment was credited to my account yet I indicated his number as the account number for that particular transaction.Does that mean that you cannot pay for another member using your phone number?

2. peter Odongo

peter Odongo Volunteer Mentor

Hi Chelah,

What you did was good for business but what your should know is that your mobile number is your account as the system identifies you. The system recognized as if you were making your own payment. Please next time remember you can't make a payment for another member even you are or you're not registered with zidisha family. For further inquiries please feel free to write an email to service@zidisha.org. zidisha community is here to change lives.

chelah and Fitri Fauziyah like this.
  3. Reema M.

Reema M. Anglophone Liaison Zidisha Volunteer

Hi Chelah,

I believe nobody can pay for someone else directly. The loan repayment for a borrower has to come from his/her registered phone number.
    If you want to explore further, could you drop in an email to service@zidisha.org?

Many thanks,
    Reema.

4. chelah

chelah Gold Member

Thanks Peter!

Reema M. likes this.
  5. chelah

chelah Gold Member

Thanks Reema.

Reema M. likes this.
  6. chelah

chelah Gold Member

Thanks Reema.

Reema M. likes this.
  7. FosKorto

FosKorto Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

You cannot pay on behalf of any member with your mobile money account.
    With reference to the Repayment Instructions on our individual account page, there's a useful note that says;

IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to ensure that your payment is credited to your Zidisha account, please send all loan payments from the same MTN phone number as you used when registering with Zidisha. Payments sent from a different number will not be credited to your account.

Let us all heed to this instruction so as to avoid future happenings of this nature.
    However, you may please send a mail to service@zidisha.org for rectification.
    Thanks

FosKorto
    VM
    Ghana

Reema M. likes this.