Pausing online work for Zidisha for awhile...

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Laurie, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

Thanks.

2. Laurie

3. jthiaro

jthiaro Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

4. Laurie

Hello, again! :D

Well, as you know, I did turn over answering in the public Forum to others:
    https://forum.zidisha.org/threads/introducing-martha-and-reema.4611/
    https://forum.zidisha.org/threads/introducing-trucha.4640/
    (Thanks again, very much, to @Alejandra Cors, our Operations Coordinator, for adding checking the public Forum as something scheduled for interns and others working at Zidisha to be involved in; and thanks again, very much, too, to the others who have helped in here and to those who still are helping in here. :))

Despite the very best of intentions to do so, though, I never actually did temporarily shift from working on mostly online tasks to working on mostly offline projects. Instead, I actually sometimes even have been working more hours than before on mostly online tasks (behind the scenes, obviously not in the public Forum), "burning the candle at both ends" for quite a while, so to speak (such is my love for and devotion to Zidisha :D ). That said, I now am on a two-week vacation from all tasks (to "recharge my batteries") and, as previously intended to do earlier, after these two weeks, I finally will be working mostly on offline projects (some personal, some for Zidisha) for about eleven weeks (through the end of August).

Since I ended up postponing (several times :rolleyes: ) my intended temporary move to working on mostly offline projects for a while, I wanted to remove this entire thread, but unfortunately I haven't been able to. (The reason is that ever since sometime in June 2016, we've been experiencing various technical issues on this third-party platform [which is provided by "Xenforo"], and our Operations Coordinator tells us that they haven't been responsive to requests for assistance in restoring our capabilities of editing and deleting our own posts, which most of us haven't been able to do since that time. We learned recently that a few borrowers still are able to do those things, but most seem not able to, just as seems to be the case for most staff as well, nor can most of us even change our profile photo or start a behind-the-scenes conversation on this platform as we used to be able to do, etc., etc., etc. Oh, well... c'est la vie! Maybe eventually the glitches will be repaired and all of the functionality that we all used to have will be restored. Until then--[if it ever happens!]--I guess we're stuck with this thread still being here. :p )

5. Laurie

P.S.: As you probably have noticed, Martha and Marite (a/k/a "Trucha") are no longer working for Zidisha. Reema still is, though! :D And as you've probably also noticed, others have joined: Cam, Callee, and Linda. :D Thank you very much, @Cam Smith, @Callee Davis, and @Linda Billotti for all of your help! :)

6. Kusi Obodum

Kusi Obodum Volunteer Mentor

7. Kusi Obodum

Kusi Obodum Volunteer Mentor

Thanks Laura, my first lender we love you. See you soon

8. jthiaro

jthiaro Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

@Laurie I would personally and on behalf of the entire Zidisha borrowers wish you all the best in your endeavors, we do hope that you will be joining us soon after you much needed "sabbatical leave". Your contribution to the oiling of the Zidisha machinery cannot be ignored. Thanks so much for letting us know of the progress and we continue to trust that we are still in the able hands of @Julia Kurnia @Cam Smith @Callee Davis and @Linda Billotti

Laurie and Cam Smith like this.