Pausing online work for Zidisha for awhile...

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Laurie, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Shaka

Shaka Silver Member

Will miss your kind help Laurie anyway wishing you all the best.

Gab and Laurie like this.
  2. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

Thanks. See you soon... March 1st is just around the corner! ;)

sefah reindolf and Gab like this.
  3. Dauda Moro

Dauda Moro Silver Member Volunteer Mentor

We don't wish you to. But you have to. We will miss you a lot! You are always there to assist as in whatever challenges we come across. You are very industrious to us. We don't want you to. You don't want to. But you have to. All the best. See you soon.

Reema M. and Gab like this.
  4. Fitri Fauziyah

Fitri Fauziyah Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Hi Laurie, take your time to finish your project. we will help the forum as we can. thanks for the hard work. see you soon and have great adventure ;)

5. Dennis Kipkurui

Dennis Kipkurui Volunteer Mentor

I Salute you mum, all the best in your duties and daily activities, see you soon because we will be waiting for you here....we love you so much

6. Samuel K. Kabutey

Samuel K. Kabutey Volunteer Mentor

Please will this affect disbursement of loans funded?

Gab likes this.
  7. Laurie

Thanks! And, no, @Samuel K. Kabutey, my being away will not affect disbursement of loans funded. In fact, from the beginning, I have chosen not to add disbursing loans to my list of tasks that I do for Zidisha (which you can see anytime at the "Information" tab at this link: http://forum.zidisha.org/members/laurie.10487/). However, even if I were one of the ones on staff disbursing loans to borrowers, there would be other teammates around to fill in for me, just as there are other teammates around now who are filling in to help with all of the other tasks on my list of Zidisha work (I sometimes have done some of that work alone, but other times there definitely have been [and now are] others working on doing those tasks, too). Anyway, if a fully funded loan hasn't been disbursed after one week (i.e., after five business days) of a borrower having formally confirmed / accepted a newly fully funded loan on his or her Dashboard, then the borrower (or his or her Volunteer Mentor) should send an email to "Service@Zidisha.org" (addressed to the attention of the payment team for the borrower's country). If the borrower (or the VM) does not receive a reply via email after three business days, then the borrower (or the VM) should send in another email and should reference the original email (by date and time) so that the team can try to give that borrower's request priority. The borrower always should be sure to write in from his or her Zidisha-subscribed email address and always should mention his or her country in the Subject line, because there are separate teams according to country and that helps get the email to the correct team faster. ;)

Gab likes this.
  8. Laurie

Alejandra and I noticed that last week the Forum was not being attended to by others as diligently as it should have been, so we've filled in a bit, as you've probably noticed. So... I give up! LOL. :rolleyes: I obviously can't say definitively that I won't be working in here much at all, at least not until we consistently receive enough help from others to cover all of the duties each and every day... this isn't the only area that's been short-staffed and we've been filling in in other areas, as well... it makes for slower going on offline projects I intended to work on solely for a few months, but I guess that's okay... I'm still keeping the faith that the others introduced to you recently will be able to find more time to be in here for you, and that we'll find more help soon, too. ;)

Gab likes this.
  9. Gab

Gab Gold Member

Reema M. likes this.
  10. Laurie

:rolleyes:

Gab likes this.
  11. Gab

Gab Gold Member

hahaa, think i need to attend for Smiles/image expressions classes, don't really know what some them express.

12. Gab

Gab Gold Member

hehe, think i need to attend smile/image expressions, honestly i don't get the meaning of some.

13. Laurie

By the eye-roll :)rolleyes:), I just meant that based on nearly two years of working for Zidisha, it was unrealistic of me to expect to be able to be away from all online tasks for more than just a week or so at a time. I don't mean it's not allowed; I just mean that anytime I do that, I notice things not always getting done as much as before and it's not in my nature to be able to leave too much undone here for very long... and please don't misunderstand... it's not that others don't want to get more done and don't try their best to do more, but most just simply don't have the kind of time to devote to Zidisha that @Bayle C had when she was here or that I (so far) have had, too. That's all. ;)

Gab likes this.
  14. Laurie

LOL... I put the "eye-roll" emoticon up above in parentheses... I didn't realize that was going to omit that emoticon and insert a "smiley" emoticons on either side of the word "rolleyes"... here, let me try that post again... I'll try with brackets instead of parentheses and see what happens:

By the eye-roll [ :rolleyes: ], I just meant that based on nearly two years of working for Zidisha, it was unrealistic of me to expect to be able to be away from all online tasks for more than just a week or so at a time. I don't mean it's not allowed; I just mean that anytime I do that, I notice things not always getting done as much as before and it's not in my nature to be able to leave too much undone here for very long... and please don't misunderstand... it's not that others don't want to get more done and don't try their best to do more, but most just simply don't have the kind of time to devote to Zidisha that @Bayle C had when she was here or that I (so far) have had, too. That's all. ;)

Gab likes this.
  15. Laurie

Okay, good, that worked. :)

Gab likes this.
  16. Gab

Gab Gold Member

Thanks Laurie,it easier for me now and i appreciate infact i should say my first Smiley lesson with teacher Laurie.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Laurie likes this.
  17. Laurie

You're welcome.

Gab likes this.
  18. evans

evans Silver Member Volunteer Mentor

All the best on your new projects

19. Laurie

Lol, thanks, @evans. They're not new, though... there are several projects (some personal, plus a couple for Zidisha), some of which are very involved, that have been "on the back burner" for quite some time, that I'd been trying to get back to. Am trying to make some good dents in at least a few of those and possibly complete at least one or two of those "on hold" projects, if possible, in the short amount of time between now and about mid-March. On that note, am logging out of here now. ;)

Gab likes this.
  20. yao kossonou

yao kossonou Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

We love you Laurie. Very soon.

Gab and Laurie like this.