Pausing online work for Zidisha for awhile...

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Laurie, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

So, as some of you already may know, I've been trying since September 1st, and then again since October 11th, to take a few months away from working at various online tasks for Zidisha, in order to work on some offline projects, a combination of personal & for Zidisha. I now will be doing that, and you won't see me in here anymore at all until at least March 1st. At any time, you can click on the "Information" tab at this link: http://forum.zidisha.org/members/laurie.10487/ to find out about any changes to when I'll be back.

Best wishes to everyone,
    Laurie

2. Laurie

Effective tomorrow: Friday, November 18, 2016
    (already "today", of course, in some parts of the world ;))
    Later...

Ann Njoki, Gab and Jean Wendpanga like this.
  3. Ankomah Gabriel

Ankomah Gabriel Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Okay , wishing you the best. We will be missing you

Laurie likes this.
  4. Gab

Gab Gold Member

Alright Laurie God bless in your endavour s.

Laurie likes this.
  5. Akwasi Appiah

Akwasi Appiah Silver Member Volunteer Mentor

Oh thus very sad to hear such news

6. Daniel Kivango

Daniel Kivango volunteer mentor Volunteer Mentor

ooh we will really miss your presence here laurie

Laurie likes this.
  7. Laurie

Just a quick note... I'm in the public Forum today only to tie up "loose ends" in here.
    After today, though, I won't be back in here again until March 1st (as mentioned above).

Please direct all future comments and inquiries to:
    @marite_p, @mfleury, @Reema M.
    (and/or to our Operations Coordinator, @Alejandra Cors).

Best wishes to everyone,
    Laurie
    The Zidisha Team

Gab and WendyE like this.
  8. Laurie

Well, except for this:
    http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/new-borrowers.4746/#post-27028

As of now, I'll be away from November 21st until March 1st.
    Wishing everyone a very happy end-of-year holiday season. :D
    I'll miss you! See you next year! ;)

Gab and Appiah Esther like this.
  9. Alex Lewa Tsuma

Alex Lewa Tsuma Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

All the best Laurie.

Laurie likes this.
  10. Evry

Evry Volunteer Mentor Volunteer Mentor

Dear Laurie, please guide me to the Volunteers Mentors forum?

11. Laurie

Please send an email to the attention of our Operations Coordinator, @Alejandra Cors, at "Service@Zidisha.org". She is one of the only two (our Director, Julia Kurnia, is the other) who can grant access to the Volunteer-Mentor Forum. ;)

12. Laurie

Reminder:
    Please direct all future comments and questions to:
    Marite (@marite_p), Martha (@mfleury), Reema (@Reema M.)... thanks! :rolleyes:

13. Laurie

Reminder:
    Marite (@marite_p), Martha (@mfleury), or Reema (@Reema M.).
    Thank you.

14. Gab

Gab Gold Member

Hi @Laurie you know every time you put this on the forum makes me feel like you are not coming back anytime soon. Please don't leave the forum for good. i'm sure everyone on the forum feels the same. You have been a real pivot here. I don't mean the rest have not been supportive neither do i mean bad for the three big names M.M.R. Make a point and appear on the forum once in a while please.
    All the same best wishes.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Reema M. and Laurie like this.
  15. Laurie

My apologies for the duplicate posts (unfortunately, XenForo "Customer Support" still has not replied with a solution for the missing "Delete" and "Edit" links that we used to have for our own posts).

I noticed quite a few unanswered posts in the public Forum today and I had a little time, so I answered several of those. I'm sure there are more, though... however, I now really do need to leave those to Marite (@marite_p), Martha (@mfleury), Reema (@Reema M.), Ale (@Alejandra Cors), or others who may be assigned "Forum duty" in the near future, to answer. (I think replying to borrowers and lenders in the public Forum should be a separate job at Zidisha, not just part of the many duties that volunteer "Country Liaison Interns" or other "Virtual Volunteers" do, because the time commitment of most CLIs usually is not sufficient to do the entire list of CLI duties on their assigned day or days. So, it's my hope that one or more volunteers will take on the public Forum as their only Zidisha task, or as one of only a very short list of Zidisha tasks assigned to them, instead of one of many, many tasks. Just my opinion and a suggestion for going forward, so that everyone who posts in the Forum will receive the courtesy of a reply, as I believe everyone should.)

Sincerely,
    Laurie
    The Zidisha Team

Reminder:
    Marite, Martha, Reema, and/or Ale.
    Thank you.

16. Ronny

Ronny Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

17. Laurie

I do appreciate your kind words, @Gab, but no, not anytime soon. I'm so sorry. I'm only one person and I have a very long offline "To Do" list to get through, so please (please) allow me this time away (until March 1st... I'll be very lucky to get through my entire offline "To Do" list by then... I'll be happy if I can at least complete some projects on it as well as make significant dents in other projects on that list... there will be a little bit of online time required at Zidisha to do some of what's on that list, but not here in the Forum)... please (please) allow the very capable other staff members to be of service to you here for the next three months, and beyond (because even when I return to my online Zidisha tasks on a regular basis, the Forum probably won't be one of my regular Zidisha duties anymore, as already previously mentioned [http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/introducing-martha-and-reema.4611/ & http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/introducing-trucha.4640/], but I still will come in here again, on occasion, after March 1st, just not regularly... it's better for everyone, I think, to get to know others on staff, too... so, please do address future comments and questions to them ;))... okay, this is my last post in here until March 1st. Thank you so much for your understanding.

Gab likes this.
  18. Laurie

19. Laurie

Except for a very, very quick reply here, to a new question I hadn't seen before:
    http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/maximum-member-payment.4769/#post-27176
    That took only a couple of seconds to reply to... for all else new, though, Marite (@marite_p), Martha (@mfleury), or Reema (@Reema M.) will help you (or possibly sometimes our Operations Coordinator, Alejandra... or others, too, in the future, who may join them in helping out in the Forum).

20. sefah reindolf

sefah reindolf Osofo Volunteer Mentor

See you soon