Our email makeover

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Untitledtoday.png

Thanks to the generous support of Mailgun email service, our plain text emails are a thing of the past. Our new email design features a brighter background, crisp logo and high-resolution photos. Enjoy!

KirstenShute and Evelyn like this.
  2. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

Is this possible because of Zidisha participating in Y Combinator?

3. Denise

Denise Gold Member

Just got my first one. Nice!

4. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

I have gotten some new message emails with the new look, but there are no photos. The "Zidisha" at the top looks nice.

I'm not sure why the basic text of the email looks so tiny. Is it a font style that should be set larger?

5. KirstenShute

KirstenShute Gold Member

I like the look of the new emails!

Just one suggestion: for emails announcing repayments, it says: "Your lender credit balance is now USD (). You may use this balance to make a new loan here." Since there's the same link at the bottom of the email (the green "View Loans" button), I suggest removing the second sentence to avoid redundancy.

6. Julia Kurnia

Dear all,

Thanks so much for this feedback. We will work on making the font size larger (this is fairly complicated to program because the text renders differently in different email clients) and repair the credit balance display in the repayment notification emails.

We are also working on adding automated unsubscribe links to the emails, so that our members need no longer log into their accounts to change their notification preferences.

Best,

Julia

7. KirstenShute

KirstenShute Gold Member

There's nothing wrong with the credit balance display - I just put brackets rather than a number to represent any amount. Sorry if that was confusing! My suggestion was just to remove "You may use this balance to make a new loan here" to make the message shorter and clearer.

8. Julia Kurnia

I see, thank you for the clarification!

9. KirstenShute

KirstenShute Gold Member

Not to complain, but I've also noticed that some of the update emails that I got today and yesterday from Zidisha have different font size/type than others (I use gmail). I also noticed this in the Zidisha email when I was sorting comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.