New Volunteer Mentor selection design

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

We have taken live a design improvement in the way Volunteer Mentors (VMs) are assigned to new members.

Previously, new members selected a VM upon registration, from a drop-down list of all VMs in their country. Many members ended up choosing the VMs that happened to appear first in the list, with the unintended result that these first few VMs ended up with hundreds of members assigned to them. In addition, many members inadvertently selected VMs who were far from their locations.

Now, the registration form only displays for selection VMs who have less than 50 members assigned to them. The form first prompts new applicants to choose the town or village nearest them, from a list of the towns of all registered VMs who are available for selection. It then displays a list of available VMs in that location to choose from.

This should help ensure a more even and geographically appropriate allocation of members to VMs going forward.

In addition, our website registration form no longer displays the contact information for VMs. Instead, the contact information of the selected VM only is displayed to members upon creation of their accounts. VMs in turn can view the contact information of the members who are assigned to them as long as they retain VM status. Members may change their VM selection to any other available VM in their country at any time.

Evelyn and KyRoamer like this.
  2. Kasamba

Kasamba Forum Member Volunteer Mentor

Dear ,
    This is a good idea . I remember when i was applying for a loan , i just picked the first name which appeared on the drop down option.

regards
    martin

russell and Evelyn like this.
  3. ginah

ginah Gold Member

brilliant idea....thanks to zidisha for making my dream come true

russell and Evelyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.