New Trust and Security page - feedback requested

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear all,

We added a new page to the "Learn More" section of our website, which describes the services we can and cannot provide to reinforce the security of Zidisha loans:

https://www.zidisha.org/index.php?p=123

The purpose is to offer greater clarity on what we are currently doing to strengthen trust in our lending community, and to help ensure prospective lenders have realistic expectations of the level of personalized follow-up that an online service like ours can provide.

I'd welcome your questions and advice about points that should be better explained or clarified in this page.

Thanks,

Julia

KirstenShute likes this.
  2. qt9998

qt9998 Gold Member

Superb writing. Nothing needs to be better explained or clarified really.

My only suggestion would be that you highlight that you don't provide...
    • Fact-checking or guarantees that the information provided by borrowers is accurate.
    That would be enough of a disclaimer for what came before.

KirstenShute likes this.
  3. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

1. After this sentence: "Our organization is responsible only for maintaining the Zidisha.org website as a platform for the transactions that take place between its members."

I would add a sentence such as, "It is up to the lenders, not Zidisha, to determine if a business is viable and worthy of being funded."

2. Just before the bottom section of arrows I think you need to emphasis that these things are NOT done. It would be too easy for people to overlook the not and think they are being done. Maybe for clarity make the not in the lead-in sentence all capitals: "In particular, we are NOT able to offer an obligation to perform any of the following services:"

KirstenShute likes this.
  4. Julia Kurnia

Hi qt9998 and Evelyn, thanks for helping improve this page.

qt9998, I moved the line "Fact-checking or guarantees that the information provided by borrowers is accurate" to the first bullet point to help ensure it is noticed.

Evelyn, I have incorporated both of your edits. Best,

Julia

KirstenShute and Evelyn like this.
  5. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

6. KirstenShute

KirstenShute Gold Member

Yes, it seems reasonable and clear. For clarity, would it make sense to change "In particular, we are NOT able to offer an obligation to perform any of the following services" into "In particular, we are NOT obliged to perform any of the following services"? I understand why you put "able to..." but it seems you give the reasons already (number of staff, operational model, etc).

7. Julia Kurnia

Hi KirstenShute, that is more concise. I've updated the page with your suggested wording. Thanks!

KirstenShute likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.