New sorting capability in "Lend" page

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear all,

The ability to filter loans by criteria other than sorting order has been one of our most frequent website improvement requests, especially since the volume of fundraising loans has increased in recent months.

Almost as frequently requested are clearer explanations of how businesses work, and why the requested loan funds are needed. It has been challenging for us to ensure prospective lenders have this information, because we do not write the descriptive content in the loan profile pages. The entrepreneurs who write the profiles often do not provide clear explanations themselves, because they are so familiar with the business model that they take its understanding for granted.

Today we introduced an enhancement which is intended to address both of these concerns. First, we have added the ability to filter loans by country, and / or by business category. Each business category contains an introduction, which explains to prospective lenders how the selected type of business typically works, the value it adds to the local community, and why it needs outside capital. The intent is to provide helpful information about the businesses included in the selected category, in a way that supplements but does not replace the entrepreneurs' own words.

You may try out the new sorting capability here: https://www.zidisha.org/microfinance/lend.html

I'd welcome your feedback and ideas for improvement.

Best,

Julia

2. qt9998

qt9998 Gold Member

I am speechless ... Fantabulous !!

3. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

I really like this a lot! Narrowing it down by category makes it so much easier to navigate so many loans.

The explanation at the top of each category is really very nice and beyond my expectations. A borrower who lives in the particular country would be better able to judge the accuracy of the content, but it looks great to me!

A wonderful improvement Julia.

Jen V and Dabou Victor like this.
  4. JimVandegriff

JimVandegriff Gold Member

I agree with the praise of the new sorting capability. It just made my loan bid much easier because I was able to quickly zero in on the type of loan I like making. Thanks, Julia.

Evelyn likes this.
  5. KirstenShute

KirstenShute Gold Member

Excellent idea, especially to sort by country. It also makes it much easier to find French profiles that need translating. Thank you very much!

Evelyn likes this.
  6. ginah

ginah Gold Member

interesting keep up the good work julia and may u stay blessed always

Evelyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.