New member profiles to display link to Facebook page

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear all,

Starting this week, the profile pages of new borrowers whose online identity has been verified via linking to a personal Facebook account will display a link to the public Facebook page that was linked.

The links will display only the public Facebook profiles which the members have already posted for publication on the internet. No private information will be displayed.

The purpose is to provide lenders with an additional tool which they may use to evaluate new loan applicants before choosing to lend to them. This should be especially valuable for evaluating first-time borrowers, who have not yet established an on-time repayment score with Zidisha.

Best,

Julia

2. Tricia

Tricia Tricia

Are we going to ask lenders not to add the borrowers they lend to on Facebook? There could be an issue if someone is in arrears and they are friends with the person on Facebook.

3. Sverre

Sverre Forum Member

And what would the issue bee? Personally, I wouldnt do it, ad borrower and risk they contact me directly, and also fraudsters adding me as friends

4. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

We try to give our members the tools to interact with each other as much, or as little, as they wish. I understand that in FB, a friend request can be declined by either side, so my inclination would be to leave that up to the lender and borrower.

KirstenShute and Sverre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.