New: Loan profile page photo collections

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

We're excited to announce a fun new feature: We've gathered the photos each entrepreneur has posted in the Discussion tab, and created a slide show in the main photo area of the loan profile page.

The loan profiles that have photo collections have small white arrows on the sides of the main photo. Click on the arrows to see pictures of the entrepreneur's business, family, and more!

HARYONO, hadges, Robert K and 15 others like this.
  2. Jean Wendpanga

Jean Wendpanga Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

i appreciated.

Robert K likes this.
  3. jairo wainaina

jairo wainaina Forum Member

would like to report my invitee are having difficulties in appliying when asked to verify with Facebook it loads then goes back please

4. Bayle C

Bayle C Gold Member Zidisha Volunteer

Hi Jairo,

Thanks for letting us know. Can you ask them to send us a message about this at service@zidisha.org, so we can look into it further?

Thanks,
    Bayle, Country Liaison Manager

5. Oscar Alochi

Oscar Alochi Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

That's great i love the new photo slide show it has made things easy especially us Zidisha Community who can now view the photo at one point without scrolling down.Thanks @Julia Kurnia

KirstenShute likes this.
  6. K M

K M Gold Member

The slide show is fun, I've noticed that sometimes you get blank "images" where, I presume, there have been problems with uploading photos. It's a very small problem. Mostly, it's a nice change!

Laurie, Oscar Alochi and KirstenShute like this.
  7. John Macharia

John Macharia Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

8. KirstenShute

KirstenShute Gold Member

I like this feature! I first noticed it when one of the borrowers from Senegal, who gives regular updates, posted pictures of the clothes she sells: https://www.zidisha.org/loan/2825

Laurie and Monicah A.Ofwona like this.
  9. Zachary ojendo

Zachary ojendo Forum Member

Its fun watchi the pictures, kudos zidisha

10. Obeng Kwame Enock

Obeng Kwame Enock Forum Member Volunteer Mentor

Good work lenders

11. Arhin

Arhin Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

That is a great work Zidisha. Keep it up. Thank you.

12. alex nsiah

alex nsiah Forum Member

13. Grace Akoth

Grace Akoth Forum Member

Its fun. That will motivate me to upload as many pics as i can

Laurie likes this.
  14. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

Actually, Obeng Kwame Enock, it's the programmers (coders) who deserve the credit for this nice feature. ;)

(The only issue I've noticed with the slideshows is that sometimes some photos get chopped off, depending on their original orientation. It seems that "landscape" photos appear fine, but the bottom portion of "portrait" photos get cut off. If you compare the individual photos shown on the Discussion page at the link below, versus those same photos in the slideshow that was created for him, you'll see, for example, that the stacks of motorbike tires he's selling are fully visible only in the individual photos posted on the Discussion page, but not in the slideshow at the top of the page. It would be nice to be able to see the entire photo of each photo in the slideshow. Maybe the programmers can make that possible, sometime? https://www.zidisha.org/loan/inventory-for-my-motorbike-spare-store-and-services/discussion)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    WendyE likes this.
  15. Daniel Kivango

Daniel Kivango volunteer mentor Volunteer Mentor

Actually this was the brilliant idea because it enables us to upload as many photos as possible,am not aware if intially no one could upload many photos as such as when i joined it was already working.so i would say i came in when all was good including the membership fee when it was being deducted from the first loan,,:)

16. francis maweu

francis maweu bin mawe

it is a good idea as one can later see where they were before joining zidisha and how they have been progressing. thanks to zidisha

17. 0205588419

0205588419 Silver Member

Good job done now I can upload as many pictures I want thank you zidisha management for your great decision

18. Jones Ogembo Benecha

Jones Ogembo Benecha SILVER MEMBER.

I am very much conversant with the slides,they embrace the culture of business or venture into which lenders are involved in.Nice Idea.

19. Steve

Steve Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Very great idea .

Laurie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.