New: Free monthly lending credit transfers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

We're launching something special this holiday season: free monthly transfers to your lending account! Here's how it works:
    • Choose a monthly loan fund amount in the Transfer Funds page of your account.
    • Every month your chosen amount is transferred to your lending account in full - no credit card charges!
    • Change or cancel any time with the click of a button.
    It's a great way to budget your lending contributions for the new year - and ensure 100% of your funds go to help entrepreneurs.

The free monthly transfers are available in all countries - anywhere you can use a credit card.

monthly.jpg

2. Bobrm2k3

Bobrm2k3 Forum Member

How does this work out? Is Zidisha absorbing the 3.5% transfer fee to encourage continuous contributions or is this truly free transfers?

3. john otieno akello

john otieno akello Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Thanks so much. we appreciate everything Zidisha does for us

Paul Meltus likes this.
  4. JimVandegriff

JimVandegriff Gold Member

Julia, I'm having trouble getting this monthly function to work. I have put my information in, but at the end of the transaction, I keep getting a pop up box that says my information has not been saved, and do I really want to leave the page. No increase in my balance is evident. Is there a glitch or something I am missing? Thanks for the help, Jim

5. Julia Kurnia

Hi Jim, I'm sorry for the confusion here. We are working with Stripe (our payment provider) to remove the unsaved alert. In the meantime, I can confirm that it is fine to click "Leave this page," and the payment will be processed.

6. JimVandegriff

Julia, after the payment is processed I am assuming that it will show up as available to loan. Is that correct? How long does it take before the money is available in my account to lend? Thanks much, Jim

7. Julia Kurnia

Hi Jim, it should be available instantly.

8. JimVandegriff

I've tried several times to set this up, but have not yet succeeded. I'm going to play with my paypal settings to see if that influences anything for the automatic monthly credit card withdrawal. I think the auto credit card withdrawal is a great idea, but I'm still unsure about why I can't seem to get it to work. More later, Jim

9. JimVandegriff

Okay, I'm officially baffled. I changed my Paypal settings so my credit card was first payment option, then tried again to do a monthly loan funding amount under monthly transfer (no fee). A pop up box appeared with my card info, and I pressed the appropriate button, but despite a green checked box that appeared, no funds appeared to be transferred into my account at Zidisha. Any thoughts? A baffled Jim

10. Julia Kurnia

Hi Jim,

I see that you successfully made a one-time credit card transfer to your account on January 2. Had you tried to make a payment since then?

PayPal is not an option for the monthly transfer - that can only be done via credit card, after the monthly transfer option is selected...

11. JimVandegriff

All right! I tried again to get the automatic monthly donation to work and it looks like I was successful this time. Thanks for having this feature.

Laurie likes this.
  12. dackman

dackman Forum Member

Thanks a lot for the effort you are putting to assist us and may God bless you Zidisha organization

13. dackman

dackman Forum Member

what you are doing for us only God who is going to reward you because for us is just to pray for you and live others God to act on them be blessed.

14. Steve

Steve Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

may The gracious Father our Lord and God reward you.

Ankomah Gabriel and Laurie like this.
  15. evans omari

evans omari Forum Member

Zidisha is God given

16. PCShedeur

PCShedeur Forum Member

Just came across this and it's impressive

17. lawrita110

lawrita110 Silver Member

All that j would like to say is may God bless you Julia for good work you and your are doing to improve the lives of the mere people of the developing countries thank you

18. Wuankah Godwin Mawutor

Wuankah Godwin Mawutor Forum Member Volunteer Mentor

19. Ankomah Gabriel

Ankomah Gabriel Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Please are we suppose to send or the lenders will deduct it from the loan.

20. Ankomah Gabriel

Ankomah Gabriel Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Well said