New forum structure

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear all,

Today we made the following changes to the member forum structure:
    • The Lending Groups forum was moved to a sub-forum within the Open Forum
    • The New To Zidisha? forum was divided into two new forums, Borrower Questions and Lender Questions.
    • The Volunteer Conversations were moved to a private forum accessible to our volunteer staff, in order to encourage less inhibited discussion and make it easier to share information about specific member accounts among our staff while protecting protecting their privacy.
    • We created a new private forum for Volunteer Mentors, with sub-forums for English, French and Indonesian language conversations.
    One of the most special things about Zidisha are the conversations that take place every day between members of diverse backgrounds. We try to support this by minimizing the separation between nationalities or lender / borrower account types in our forum structure. Even though there are now separate forums for lender and borrower questions, we hope that experienced lenders will join in responding to borrower questions and vice versa, whenever it makes sense.

Thanks,

Julia

KirstenShute likes this.
  2. Taylor Hanna

Taylor Hanna Silver Member

This is great - thanks! Are the Volunteer forums up and running yet? I don't seem to be able to access them.

3. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Hi Taylor, sorry about that! It looks like one of the "staff" designations in your account hadn't been checked; I've fixed that just now. Are you able to see the volunteer forums now?

4. Bayle C

Bayle C Gold Member Zidisha Volunteer

If anyone has trouble viewing the Volunteer forums, please let me know- I think everyone should be able to view them correctly now!

5. Taylor Hanna

Taylor Hanna Silver Member

I'm in now. Thanks!

6. qt9998

qt9998 Gold Member

I can't view the volunteer forums either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.