Lending group enhancements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear lenders,

Based on your feedback and experience so far, we've made a couple of changes to the lending group pages:
    • The pages now display total impact in the current and previous month, in addition to total impact for all time. The intent is to give each group a shot at ranking high each month, rather than awarding an insurmountable cumulative lead to the oldest groups.
    • Group leaders now have the ability to delete spam and loan funding solicitations from the message boards.
    Our group pages are still very simple, and as we prepare to develop them further, I'd like to ask your advice on the features you've missed the most and you think would most improve the lending group experience at Zidisha. What would you like to be able to do with lending groups that our website does not yet support?

Thanks,

Julia

2. K M

K M Gold Member

Hello.

I'd like to be able to see what effect messages to the group have - for example, I try to recommend a borrower at least once a month who I feel would be of interest to the members of "my" lending group - but I don't really know if this actually works (unless I remember who is in the lending group and I happen to notice they've contributed to the highlighted loan.) Would it be possible to see how many people actually view a message to a lending group, or (probably this is more complicated) to see members of the group marked in some way on the borrower's page? (Different colour for a name in a group you belong to? Or?) Or, would it be possible, eventually, to attribute a specific loan to a group?
    Then I would know what interests members, and could adjust if necessary, to better serve lending group members.

Patrick likes this.
  3. MicroFinancier

MicroFinancier Forum Member

Julia,

I just joined a group but when I look up the two other members within the group, including myself, I get a page that says "Whoops! Can't find the information you are looking for." I am just trying to find out if the two other members are active or if I joined a group that has fizzled out.

Thanks.

4. Julia Kurnia

Hi MicroFinancier,

I'm sorry for the trouble, and appreciate your taking the time to alert us to that bug. It is now repaired thanks to you.

5. Julia Kurnia

Hi K M, that's a great idea to make it easier to see lending group affinity in the loan profile pages themselves. We're working on a new design and will see if we can incorporate that.

I understand lending groups can be a good source of new loan recommendations. What if we were to add a category in the fundraising loan page for loans that have been supported by other members of my lending groups - do you think you would use that often, or is it too general?

John Macharia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.