Introducing our new universal comment feed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

If you go to https://www.zidisha.org/microfinance/testimonials.html, you’ll see something new: a continuous feed of the 100 most recent comments posted on all 4,458 loan profile pages in our website.

If you see an interesting comment, you can link through to the loan profile page, to read the entrepreneur’s full story and track how their activities have progressed. You can even publish especially worthy comments in the featured “Member Updates” area of our homepage – just click the “Feature On Homepage” link next to the comment in the loan profile page. The new comment feed can also be accessed from our homepage, just below the “Member Updates” section.

This comment feed includes all comments posted by all Zidisha members worldwide, without any filtering or editing. What emerges is a startlingly broad array of voices – and some surprising similarities despite the vast distances of geography, culture and circumstance.

I hope you enjoy exploring the diverse perspectives of Zidisha members around the world, and add your own voice to the conversation.

2. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

Hi Julia,

I just wanted to let you know that this new "member updates" feature is great! I'm finding it is very useful in numerous ways. I've found borrowers who I'd like to lend to in the future, seen posts requesting help from Zidisha, and even discovered someone writing a comment to me on their borrower's profile page, which I would not have otherwise seen because I'm not a lender on their current loan.

It would be nice if you could click at the bottom of the page to show more and maybe go back through a week's worth of posts.

I think this is a wonderful addition to the main site.
    Evelyn

KirstenShute and Mandy like this.
  3. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

@Julia Kurnia What happened to the testimonials/comments "activity feed" that was in the "LEARN MORE" pull down menu? It was there when I checked it earlier today and now it's gone. I've been finding it is extremely helpful. Is it being eliminated?

4. Evelyn

Evelyn Forum Member

@Julia Kurnia I see it's now back in the pull down menu as "Featured Comments." But I don't see anything for today, May 1. Is that because it is still being worked on, or is it going to be only a partial feed of all the comments made?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.