Introducing Martha and Reema!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Laurie, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

Hello, all!

Alejandra, our New Operations Coordinator (since August 15th), has given permission for me to post here in this section of the Public Forum, to introduce two new Volunteer Staff Members to you!

Please give a warm welcome to Martha and Reema, whom we recently have had the pleasure of adding to our Volunteer Staff! :)

Martha is a professional Web/Graphic Designer for nonprofit organizations! She's very interested in microfinance and international development, and enjoys gardening, traveling, and biking. :cool:

Reema was raised in India and just recently moved to the United States. She is quite interested in meaningful contributions, positive impact, and understanding the myriad roles of finance in society. She loves traveling, reading, and meeting new people. :cool:

During their time working for Zidisha, Martha and Reema (and others who will be joining them soon, too!) will be responsible for monitoring the Forum on a regular basis to answer borrower and lender posts. :)

I still will be around the Forum from time to time, just not on a regular basis anymore. (You can click on the "Information" tab on my Profile page here in the Forum to see all of the other work I've been doing and continue to do for Zidisha; I just updated that tonight... or today, for those of you for whom it's already daybreak on Friday, September 16th. ;))

I'm only one person, though, and I asked Alejandra if we could start recruiting others who would be interested in monitoring the Forum on a regular basis. I think (and she agrees!) that it's really important that more of the Volunteer Staff be visible in the Public Forum for you, not just one person most of the time (as @Bayle C was before, and as I have been since soon after Bayle's departure). There are many other people working here and you really should get to know them, too! And they, you!! :D

Again, please give a warm welcome to Martha and Reema! :)

Thank you, Martha & Reema, for your help!

2. Laurie

Here's a picture of @Reema M.

I'm not finding Martha's link here, so I think she hasn't signed up yet, but of course is expected to do that very soon. ;)

(October 1st is when I'll stop monitoring the Forum on a regular basis.)

3. Laurie

I meant, on a regular basis... I just wanted to clarify, just in case, because I know there have been others answering in the Public Forum from time to time! That help has been very appreciated, too! I did not meant to imply otherwise. :rolleyes:

Gab and Nkrumah Alfred Kwabena like this.
  4. Laurie

All volunteer staff members are welcome to answer Borrower & Lender posts in the Public Forum anytime, but we also need to have a few people who will be responsible for monitoring the Public Forum on a very regular basis. ;)

5. Jean Wendpanga

Jean Wendpanga Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

They are welcome!!!

6. Seth Afari-Boateng

Seth Afari-Boateng Volunteer Mentor Volunteer Mentor

Welcome Martha & Reema. We hope to hear from you soon and help many understand Zidisha very well to the benefit of us all. :)

7. Alex Lewa Tsuma

Alex Lewa Tsuma Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Welcome @Martha and @Reema. Much love and appreciation.

8. Gab

Gab Gold Member

Welcome @Marth and @Reema. i know you have much more materials to inject in Zidisha grid.

9. Laurie

Here's a picture of Martha: @mfleury

Well, no wonder I couldn't find her by searching for "Martha" or "Fleury"... she's "mfleury" in here! :rolleyes:

Welcome, again, Martha! :D

10. Laurie

I really, really, really appreciate @Reema M. and @mfleury (and others who soon will join them, too!) taking over monitoring the Public Forum & the VM Forum on a regular basis, and answering the majority of the posts... beginning in earnest on October 1st, if not sooner!!! :D (I realized after I updated my list of tasks at my "Information" tab on my Profile page last night that I had forgotten some things, and also had remembered some start dates incorrectly. So, it needed another updating, which I completed Friday night, September 16th, at 10:45 p.m., E.D.T.... which was about 20 hours after the previous update that was there... I think it's completely accurate now... well, if not, I do know it's a whole lot more accurate now than the earlier version was... because I had a chance to look back at notes, rather than rely just on memory! ;)) In any event, the help taking over monitoring the Forum and replying to posts is greatly needed and very appreciated! :)

11. Richmond Brobbey

Richmond Brobbey volunteer mentor Volunteer Mentor

You are all well to this non profitable organization.

marite_p likes this.
  12. Laurie

http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/how-did-you-first-hear-about-zidisha.4068/#post-26250
    Early this morning, I discovered that Martha already has started helping in the Forum, on September 7th! :)
    http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/istallment-duration.4586/
    http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/loan-disbursed.4581/#post-26200
    Thank you, @mfleury! :cool:

Am sure @Reema M. will be jumping in to help all of you very soon, too! :D

Nkrumah Alfred Kwabena and Gab like this.
  13. Laurie

14. Laurie

Hmm, well, even more embarrassing :oops: :oops: than
    what I thought just a few minutes ago was only a typo,
    is that I just realized I was looking at the wrong "Tuesday"
    on the calendar! :rolleyes:

The actual date Martha started helping in the
    Public Forum was on Tuesday, September 13th. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Reema soon, too! :)

Nkrumah Alfred Kwabena and Gab like this.
  15. Fitri Fauziyah

Fitri Fauziyah Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

welcome on board Martha and Reema. thank you for joining Zidisha with us. have great weekend everybody ;)

16. jthiaro

jthiaro Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Hi Laurie,

I take this opportunity to welcome Martha and Reema to this great place we now call home! Please feel free to share with us your experience outside Zidisha and we will do the same.

The Zidisha Staff have been so inspiring and we also hope that you will continue with that legacy.

Once again welcome on board and let's sail together!!!

John
    VM
    Kenya.

17. Alex Lewa Tsuma

Alex Lewa Tsuma Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Dear Laurie, its been a pleasure to be with you here. You always answered our questions and solved our issues on time, on behalf of my fellow forum members, I take this opportunity to wish you all the best in your other tasks and responsibilities in this great organization. We sincerely love you all, be blessed.

Gab, Laurie and dorcas like this.
  18. dorcas

dorcas Silver Member

Sounds great,welcome Martha and Reema. Its a pressure to have you on board.Wishing you a happy and great time at Zidisha.
    #laurie,I appreciate your efforts and your time at Zidisha.Keep up the same spirit.I salute you.Thanks once more Zidisha.
    Great.

19. Laurie

Dear Alex, thank you for your kind words. I wish you and everyone all the best, too! It's been a pleasure getting to know borrowers and other lenders here in the Public Forum (and Volunteer Mentors in the VM Forum) and helping in whatever ways I've been able to, and I'm sure @Reema M., @mfleury, and others from the Volunteer Zidisha Staff will be here for you, going forward. I'll still see you here once in awhile, as well, and I'll also see you and others on your Discussion pages from time to time, too.

20. sefah reindolf

sefah reindolf Osofo Volunteer Mentor

Great and welcome on board. We love you and proud to work with you all since this family is great so as everyone