Improved loan size progression

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Julia Kurnia, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Director, Zidisha Zidisha Staff

Dear all,

We have enhanced our loan size progression parameters such that the percentage by which the maximum loan size increases depends on the size of the previous loan, rather than whether that the previous loan was a first loan, second loan, etc.

The purpose is to eliminate loopholes, whereby members who had repaid large first loans received the 300% increases that had been designed for the $50 amounts that we are now offering to first-time borrowers.

Now, the early loan size increase of 300% will apply to loans of under $200. For loans above this threshold, the later loan size increase of 150% will apply.

The maximum loan amount for first-time borrowers is unchanged at $50, and members must fulfill the same on-time repayment performance and minimum loan period criteria as before in order to qualify for loan size increases.

Please post any comments or questions regarding loan size progression here, and I'll be happy to respond.

Best,

Julia Kurnia

mewesten likes this.
  2. Jean Wendpanga

Jean Wendpanga Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Hi Julia,
    Please do you have found a solution to the save problem that I had to report?

3. Julia Kurnia

Dear Mr. Kabore,

Our web developer has just completed repair of the save problem this morning. I tested changes to the member account you had reported, and all seems to be working correctly now. Could you please let me know if you encounter any further trouble?

Thanks so much,

Julia

Jean Wendpanga likes this.
  4. Jean Wendpanga

Hi Julia,
    It's ok now to make changes. if i encounter other problems, I'll report you. thank you

5. Julia Kurnia

I'm glad it is working now. Please accept my apologies once again for all the trouble and delay caused by this bug in our website.

Best regards,

Julia

6. Jean Wendpanga

Dear Julia,
    I have also noticed that I can not submit a member profile on Zidisha without verification by a facebook account. This is an error in the website or a change for the new members of Burkina Faso? Thanks

7. Julia Kurnia

We have not introduced any new Facebook requirement for Burkina Faso. I have just tested creating an account for Burkina Faso, and was not able to reproduce the error. Could you kindly send an email to service@zidisha.org with the information for the profile that is not working? Thanks, Julia

8. Jean Wendpanga

Dear Julia,
    Profile sent to service@zidisha.org. Thanks

9. Jean Wendpanga

Dear Julia
    Please, have you found a solution so that we can post profiles without verification on facebook?We have several people waiting since last week for this problem is resolved. thank you.

10. Julia Kurnia

Dear Mr. Kabore,

I'm so sorry for the trouble. This was due to a technical problem, which should now be repaired. If anyone still has trouble posting their profile, can you please send their account information to service@zidisha.org so that we may investigate directly?

Thanks,

Julia

11. Jean Wendpanga

Dear Julia
    It's ok now. Thanks

KABORE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.