Credit Limit For New Members.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by willstob, Oct 30, 2016.

1. willstob

willstob Silver Member

I have noticed that there is a problem with loan repayment from New borrowers who begin with large credit limits. Most of the ones I have talked to as a mentor seems not to understand why members fund deductions were made. Even after trying explain to them, they seem hard to understand.
    But for those who start with lower limits, few have a problem with repayments, I suggest if zidisha could review this policy to minimize new members
    defaults.

Ronny and yao kossonou like this.
  2. yao kossonou

yao kossonou Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Thank you for your suggestion.

Ankomah Gabriel likes this.
  3. Ankomah Gabriel

Ankomah Gabriel Gold Member Volunteer Mentor

Is that so will verify from friends

4. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

Dear @willstob,

This is to advise you that the "Announcements" section of the Forum is for official Zidisha business announcements only, and from the Director of Zidisha (Julia Kurnia, @Julia Kurnia), from the Operations Coordinator (Alejandra Cors, @Alejandra Cors), or very occasionally from other past or present core staff members ONLY (for example: Bayle, @Bayle C; Marite, @marite_p; Martha, @mfleury; myself, @Laurie; or Reema, @Reema M.).

Please do not create any further threads in the "Announcements" section, which is intended only for the above-referenced Zidisha staff to use. (Others who have posted in the "Announcements" section but who shouldn't have, already have received email about it and/or or soon will be receiving a similar post like this one.) I understand that you didn't know, which is the reason for this public post, so that you and others now will know.

What you have communicated up above, you should send in via email to "Service@Zidisha.org" and/or you should post in the Volunteer-Mentors Forum, if you are a Volunteer Mentor (since you haven't used your Zidisha-registered name in the Forum, but rather have used a nickname here, I'm not able to look you up on the main Zidisha website to find out whether you're a V.M. or not).

Better yet, before you post--(or before anyone posts)--anything in the public Forum, you always should do a search (using the Search feature in the top, right-hand corner of your computer screen), because very often you'll see that there already is a thread on the very same topic (or several threads because of others' failures to search first, too). You should refrain from creating any new threads on identical topics (especially to ask questions when the same questions already have been asked... that happens a lot, which creates a lot of unnecessary additional work for the staff). Instead, what you should do is look for answers to questions, and only if you don't find the same questions asked after a thorough search, then you should add to the thread(s) that already exist on the topic. Thanks so much.

Kind regards,
    Laurie
    The Zidisha Team

cc: @Ankomah Gabriel

5. Laurie

Laurie Liaison: Anglophone+Francophone Countries Zidisha Volunteer

@willstob (and others),

Also, please do not reply any further in this thread.

If you want to reply to this thread that was created inappropriately in the "Announcements" section, then what you should do is copy and paste whatever part of the thread you may want to quote and move that quote over into an already existing thread on the topic in the Volunteer Mentor section (if you're a Volunteer Mentor) and/or in the "Open Forum" section ("The main forum for Zidisha-related topics") or the "Borrower Questions" section (for example: http://forum.zidisha.org/threads/new-borrowers.4746/#post-27028), and reply there. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Laurie
    The Zidisha Team

P.S.: I wasn't going to be in the Forum to do any official Zidisha business again until March 1st, but seeing several inappropriate posts in the "Announcements" section, I thought I'd better nip that in the bud! :rolleyes: Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! ;)